Boneless skinless chicken breasts are a convenient source of lean protein. But they’re notoriously bland and dry out easily. Jacques Pepin offers a solution in his new cookbook, “Cooking My Way.” Season first with salt, then smear with mayo flavored as you wish. Much of the fat in the mayo melts into the pan, leaving behind a golden-brown crust and giving the chicken a subtle tang. Serves 2. – Susan PuckettIngredients
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8 ounces each)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons sriracha or other chili garlic sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives or scallion tops, parsley, or herb of choice
- Dry the breasts with a paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Spread with 1 tsp sriracha sauce on bottom and place them, sauce side down, in baking dish.
- Mix mayo with remaining 1 tsp sriracha. Spread thickly over top of chicken.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until cooked through but still very juicy inside. Sprinkle with chives or herbs of your choice and serve.
Susan Puckett is a cookbook author and former food editor of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Follow her at susanpuckett.com.